Wednesday 28 July 2010

The 'Right' Decisions Are Never The Fun Decisions

I feel its time for some more catharsis, a lot has happened since my last post on here and it needs to be dealt with.

after my last post which outlined a seizure at the bmx track, i went to Europe with some friends to watch le Tour de France.

Its worth pointing out that a seizure severely effects your short term memory, IE when i woke up from the seizure it took me a while to remember who i was, who everyone else wasm and in fact, where i was. this SO subsides and your memory comes back. However, throughout the entirety of my time spent on mainland Europe i was completely incapable of remembering certain events from merely a few days ago. For example my friends would talk of a meal we had out a few days ago, and much to their amusement, i couldn't remember it for the life of me until details of that event were talked about.

apart from my inability to hold much in my short term memory I had a great time out there, I think! Delft is a fantastic city, everyone cruises around on vintage bicycles, baffled by nothing, bothered by no one. Canals line shop fronts and avenues of trees, its a people city, a cycle city, my kind of city! Rotterdam saw the first stage of the cycling which was fun. Though the most exciting event we witnessed was one down towards the spa region? where ever it was it was a cobbled section, so there were hundreds of cyclists pouring into a narrow, uneven cobbled road, though road insinuates it was a wide passage, it was more of a cobbled pathway. the sun was beating down and everyone was in high spirits. When the rides came through there was dust everywhere, the atmosphere was electric!

The cobbled section marked the end of our trip, from here we had a straightforward trip back to England.

at the moment of typing I'm currently on 400mg a day, that's 200mg twice daily. i feel fine, i don't think Ive changed at all, however i haven't had a good opportunity to ride my bike to find out whether just 400mg can control my seizures. I literally got my bike sorted out last night and soon after went to the bike track to test it out. all was going well and i felt good on the bike, but i soon relapsed into the tendencies of my old bike. Forgetting i was on a new bike a underestimated a jump, came up short and fell of.

Now I'm nursing a separated shoulder and 6 weeks of rest. 6 weeks from now should see me on 800mg of my meds a day, though is there any point if i wont be riding or surfing?

Ive also surrendered and handed in my drivers licence. This was a big decision i knew i was going to have to face up to at some point, id been putting it off long enough. So Ive sent my licence back to the DVLA and I'm currently waiting to hear form them about my situation and when i can start driving again.

so to follow the trend of my last post, I've gone from two seizures too three, a drivers licence complete with driving job to unemployed and with no licence, and physically healthy to a separated shoulder and rest for 6 weeks.
I thought i would be more annoyed last night, perhaps I've just given up caring to the point were i cant even be arsed to get angry anymore? or maybe that with everything that's going on with my dad I'm not in any position to whine?

by the by, I'm sure my mood will steadily worsen, especially with the prospect of a sling for a few weeks, and rest, REST, me rest? no. 6 weeks also takes me to within a few days of round 6 of the pearce cycles downhill series, so do i risk entering that? or get a refund ( i need the money) and rest my shoulder up some more so i can have a season of surfing and riding throughout the winter, i think the latter makes more sense.

Oh Ive also had a week abroad with the family, but i shall blog about that at a later date. good day to anyone who reads this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.