Friday 18 January 2013

MMXII

Quite a lot happened in 2012, yet at the same time it feels like quite a lot, well, didn't.

Let's see, I had more surgery on my shoulder, finally got back into riding bikes with a great deal of self control exercised, went through about five different jobs, bought a car, had a car crash, got a tattoo, made my first ever proper cake, told some secrets, spread dads ashes, had a photo shoot, swam in a freezing cold lake, started trampolining, bacame a pedi cab driver for a few months, oh and started 'dating', 'going out with' Natalie Walker; most certainly the best part of 2012.

There is still a niggling that 2012 was a year of preparation  I guess because I spent yet another four months rehabilitating my shoulder just so I could work, but also, I don't know, there was nothing in terms of holiday to look forward to or, actually I know what it was, it was the shit weather we had. Yet the more I think about 2012 the more memories I have of fun things, they all seem tainted though, but brilliant none the less.

The first part of the year really was a bit of a non starter. Another shit January morning the loss of Dad, followed by shoulder surgery and a frustrating few months at home, the 'summer' provided endless rain and back to back days of long hours in the van just to climb out of a bottomless pit of debt. That was until Nat and I properly started seeing each other, then everything suddenly became worth while and life had meaning again. Experiences are ten fold better when shared, and I am so great full I have such an amazing, caring, fun and beautiful girlfriend to share things with. So maybe then, 2012's purpose was simply a build up to 2013, which I think is going to be the best year in well, years.

This blog is now in it's forth year I believe, and it really is incomprehensible just how much bad luck I have had, and only believable when you flick back through the archive, but believe me it's all there, a life time of bad luck in a mere four years. But times are changing. Enough of talk before I jinx myself into more bad luck. Have a look at my highlights...

Goodbye 2012, you have served your purpose, Happy 2013.

Remembering my best friend and inspiration for everything in life was first on my list.

Freedom at last.
Sums up the trip with Foz.

Whitby at its greatest.

Shiny happy.

Go on number 1! Taken by Joe Horton.

Tour.

Lost...in a moment...somewhere.

Comeback.

A special day.

A resting place at last.

The Lakes.

Laughs.
Eye opener.


In deep.


Purpose.



Thanks everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.