Friday 28 December 2012

The Nike Mogan.


These are my 2007/8 Nike 6.0 Zoom Mogan Trainers (correct me if I'm wrong). If these trainers could talk as well as walk, Christ they would have some tails to tell. They've been through shit, sick and squalor, through to posh events, festivals, sunnier climates, and to be honest just about everything a year in Great Britain can offer. They've been flooded and dried and still held fast in the floods of 2008, they stood tall at Glastonbury 2011 despite raging winds and sideways rain, they've even taken me to victory in a local Mountain Bike series in the south west. These are just the trying times, for the duration of their life, these trainers have been 'fit and forget'. I put them on, and they do their job so well that it's not until they are kicked off at the very doorstep you see above that I actually stand back and appreciate all that this shoe has done for my feet. 

I do not live life in half measures and as a result these trainers have had one almighty test, and they have won the test of time. After five years of constant abuse from riding bmx, mtb, being filled and drained with mud, dust, rain, snow and sand, these trainers have been utterly faultless. Only now are they showing signs of their demise...a small hole on the inside of the right shoe, nothing major, but sadly in a position that means water seepage is inevitable, and my pet hate is wet socks.

Stefan Janoski Low Premium

Not surprising then, that I am really struggling to find a suitable trainer to replace this triumphant pair, I am five years older than when I bought these trainers and my tastes have changed, I want something a bit smarter, yet I still want the comfort of knowing that even on the rainiest of days, I can slip on a pair of trainers and not have wet feet all day. The 'Stefan Janoski Low Premium' is more the sort of trainer I want, but I can't help but feel it will not stand as much abuse as I am lightly to give it. The 'Dunk High' is fantastic trainer but slightly too big, which leaves something along the lines of the 'AF1 Downtown' or a more obvious replacement, the 'Mogan Low 3
Nike Mogan Low 3 ID

If I've had it's predecessor for time, then surely this modern day version will last me equally as long. 

Surely it's a no brainer? 

Either way, I wanted to pay homage to what can only be described as a fantastic trainer, a relentless mud runner, a clear leader, and a reliable friend of my feet that have seen me through thick and thin and never faltered. I just hope whatever pair of Nikes I buy next will be just asreliable for the next five years of my life. 
Cheers Nike.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.