Tuesday 14 May 2013

Full Circle




Well, here we are again, I havnt blogged in quite a while to be honest, however there has been one thing that has stuck in my mind over the last couple of weeks/months that I feel is worth a mention. My riding has doubled ten fold. Bikes have always been one of the main topics on this here blog, primarily because it was always bicycles that got me broken into above average pieces!

So it seems fitting to report that I may just have finally gone 'full circle'. I'm fit, riding bikes again, and loving it.

I've been exercising that illuive self control and not going full speed on the gravity fed stuff, and I've been pacing my self on the road. Combine all that with some gym work and I'm feeling strong. I think it's been one year three months since my last shoulder op.

Here are some photos of my bike antics from the last couple of months.

Always wear protection ;)

Hopton was, and still is my training ground, it was here I got back into my flow, and got some pace back. Fun pace :)

A perfect sunny day at Hopton

 

My stint in Lincoln, where the only hill was a road to a Cathedral lead me to purchase something more practical.

My first road bike


 Putting in lots of miles means when it comes to riding with friends, I'm not nackered after half an hour! 

Heading out with Will and Foz

So in all, I'm back to where I want to be; riding bikes and enjoying it. I've even got some new challenges lined up which is exciting to plan, train for and talk about! 

So there you have it, a full circle from happy rider, to down and out, to back on it. You can break my bones and rip my muscles, but I will always return, never back down, and never be without a bike.


Never give up



Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.