Monday 7 March 2011

Song of the Week #9





T.V On The Radio - DLZ

This song is song of the week because I've listened to it in some fowl moods and some reflective ones. Songs are fully open to your own interpretation, that's the beauty of music, for me this song expresses what I've felt over the last week; frustration, anger, and a sadness of the complete mess of life...

'Congratulations on the mess you made of things'

and perhaps the hopelessness of things...

'This is beginning to feel like the long winded blues of the never'

I'm struggling of late, to express how I feel. I feel, but I don't express. At the moment music allows me to vent how I feel in a weird way, I'm not sure that makes sense...

...but the music and lyrics of others can often work on a level for me, like a form of in-direct, second hand catharsis.

What I think the song is about it irrelevant, what you think the song is about is irrelevant, the same song, in different moods can mean completely different things.

Is there a right and wrong in interpretation of music?

Music is Art, Art is open to interpretation, but both Music and Art do have original meanings and history, but I don't think I want to know what they are.

As soon as you get to the bottom of something, it's often lost all of it's magic and meaning.

So without further a do...listen: Tv on the Radio - DLZ


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.