Thursday 1 November 2012

The Move

So I'm moving to Lincoln tomorrow for three months to work with Frontier Agriculture in the Logistics department. It's safe to say this scares me. I've been working for them for 4 years now, driving around, sampling grain, filling in a few bags and recording data in the form of mileage, farms sampled etc, yet this move to Lincoln is going to be a whole different kettle of fish. For starters my desk is no longer my van, and the office will no longer be the countryside. I'm a desk jockey. Sat at a desk, head down in front of a computer screen, headset on looking important and making very serious phone calls. But do I get my own pencils complete with embossed name? Maybe not just yet.

'Frontier Jack speaking'

I have no idea what to expect, and like I said this scares me, but at the same time it is kind of excites me. Of course one is assuming Frontier still want me, I actually crashed my company van last night but that's a story for another time, perhaps after the courts have decided my fate. I'm sure  everyone will be very friendly and helpful...and soon make it very clear how they take their tea or coffee.

Then there is Lincoln itself, now I'm not the kind of person that likes to drink alcohol, the prospect of 'getting pissed' every weekend repulses me, I'd much rather ride a bike and reward my body, not punish it. Yet Lincoln is really rather flat, and is perhaps the worst place to live if you like nothing better than finishing work and going for a blast around the woods on your bike. Answer? Buy a road bike...or drink. I'm sure I'm just being a cynical bastard, Lincoln in it's monumental flatness will undoubtedly present a different beauty to Hereford, and with that, different pursuits. Who knows I may end up with a kayak.



Finally I'm sorry to everyone who didn't already know and indeed I havn't been able to catch up with. I've not really seen much of, well, anyone recently. My head has been down working every hour under the sun in a vain attempt to drag myself out of my cavernous, infinitely growing overdraft. Well you must be out of your overdraft if you've been working so hard, wrong. I'm being stung by insurance, travel, and now...rent! 


Any way I need to go. I start work Tuesday 6th, I still need to pack, oh yeah and I still need to find a place to live. See you at the flat warming?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.