Friday 14 January 2011

MRI Video

Just found the copy of my MRI scan. Take a look and see what you think. Its pretty cool :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpPt-IzBdRA


The picture below is a T1 weighted Mri with an Anterior view, ie as if you were facing looking at my face. As you can see this is deep in the middle of the brain. The two white sections in the middle are ventricles and the black band going down the middle is the Corpus Collosum, this is the site at which the two hemispheres of the brain are connected! Which ironically in the past was the area that Doctors used to severe/cut in an attempt to control intractable epilepsy. Thankfully its not a technique used anymore as it had disastrous consequences.



The picture below is an anterior (front) view showing my eye sockets, mouth area and the front of the brain, mainly the pre frontal cortex which houses alot to do with our personality, mood and ability to make plans
Got plenty more pictures, if, for whatever reason you are interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.