Monday 31 January 2011

Song of the Week #4




I'm a big fan of songs with whistling in... 'Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks', 'Noah and the Whale - 5 years time' and '3OH!3 - Starstrukk Ft Katy Perry' I dont know why Im a fan of them as they usually end up annoying the fuck out of me after a while...but dont most songs if you listen to them, or rather Jo Wiley plays them enough? Generic "Jo Wiley Pop" I call it. Even if she finds something with the slightest shred of hope in it she will play it to death, destroying that shred of genius and turn it into 'just another crappy song'.

Jo Wiley is old and annoying (a bit like Chris Moyles) and is due to be replaced.

Anyway, the latest song on the radio to feature a whistle comes from 'Eliza Doolittle'. Her first single was 'Pay Up' which didnt have any whistling in it but was still a good tune. Her new song definatly has whislting it, it's called 'Skinny Genes'. Give it a week, or two, and I will probably have changed my mind and find it the most irritating song going, all thanks to Jo Wiley, but untill that happens, I'm loving it and as a result its going to be my song of the week #4

She sounds a lot like Lilly Allen and indeed Kate Nash, but has less of that 'chat' sound and more melody, well at least some of her songs do anyway, they are still very similar. Anyway...Songs with whistles in...

...Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes...Song of The Week #4

http://www.youtube.com/user/ElizaDoolittleVEVO




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started this Blog to document the amazing streak of bad luck I was having throughout 2010, I'd like to think my luck has changed for 2011...time will tell.